Egr??

Douglas Walker

My 89sc has an egr on it. The computer is showing an egr code. I went to change it out but could not get the pipe to break free. My question is do I need my egr. Is it possible to block it off and not have any problems. Is there any changes that needed to be done if its isolated. Ive done a few searches but found nothing that really told me yes or no.

Thanks
Doug

Check the hose from the EGR pipe to the bottom of the EGR Transducer first. Mine got messed up after R&R the intake and it was not plugged in and I got a code and detonation. If you try to block it off, you will always get codes so its better to fix it. If it is the hose to the Transducer, be sure its silicone b/c nothing else will do. Good luck

Check the hose from the EGR pipe to the bottom of the EGR Transducer first. Mine got messed up after R&R the intake and it was not plugged in and I got a code and detonation. If you try to block it off, you will always get codes so its better to fix it. If it is the hose to the Transducer, be sure its silicone b/c nothing else will do. Good luck

Ive replaced everything except the egr including the hoses. The real reason Im askin is because sometime in the near future I gonna be kitting my supercharger. I though if I could just cut the tube it would be whole lot easier than fighting with the bolts. I could just replace the tube and valve but if it doesnt hurt anything to delete it then y waste the money.

Doug

Back