Very Sad...3000GT VR-4 vs. My Cat

89SCK@t

Last night I was coming out the South Gate of the USAF Academy and I noticed a 3000GT VR-4 to my left and a 350Z in front of me...I figured what the hell, and gunned it as I was coming out of the gate, the 350Z pulled away from me, and I kept up with the 3000GT VR-4...A cadet was driving the 3000, and asked me to pull over and pop my hood, he couldn't believe that my beast kept up with him...He saw what I had, and was suprised to learn that my car is pretty much stock. So we decide to just do a couple of stop light races, yeah, after the first one, when he pulled away from me, and I missed 2nd (I know!), I was done. I pulled into the nearest bar, The Dublin House, and drank. All he had was upgraded turbos, upgraded intake and exhaust, and a boost controller, which was set to 17 lbs I might add...

Those things are friggin heavy...I shouldve at least kept up with him...Oh well, the next Honda I see is getting a spankin.:D

Just thought I'd share that with you guys...

stephen

JUST upgraded turbos?... those things make 300hp stock, so wiht accouple mods plus turbos, that adds a good amout of hp on top of 300

yhea really.
Even stock a 3000 GT should've handed you your ***.
You would've gotten embarassed if the guy knew how to drive it.

A 3000GT is not light, my friend has one and when he put it on the scales it came in at 3900lbs:eek:. Also there is a guy here who has one with exhaust, boost controller, and a turbo upgrade and rips off mid 12s at 4500 elevation.

vr4's arent fast when your riding in a 1990 Corvette ZR-1 :D

i was riding with my dad in his ZR1 on I-71 with alot of open road ahead. The vr4 guy must have asummed it was a normal vette or something and started revving like crazy....idiot......Turns out we didnt need much of the open road ahead because my dad literally went around him when he put it to the floor. The guys plates read " 2FAST TT". After that the vr4 didnt bother trying to pass my dad as we were rolling at 55mph in a 65.

not too fast now is it?:D ;) :p

my dad rocks

Stock vr4 arny quick at all..With AWD do not race em off teh line however with an SC..Also all he needed was a boost controller to wipe your *** clean..As for the 350z...There slow!

Actually, if you want a good race, run a late model N/A 3000GT with a 5 or 6 speed. I ran this guy named Eric who has a 1996 N/A 5-speed from a 5 mph roll and pulled about 2 cars on him by the time I slowed at 85mph. I know better than to mess with the VR-4s though... at least for now. :D

On the highway we can beat them though... i raced one from a 60mph roll, and it was kinda slow... one of my friends said all there horsepower is at like 2,500rpms, and that sucks for the highway

They dont do well in crashes either. A friend of mine lost control of hers and she was pronounced at the scene. Daddy thought shed like it so he bought it as a graduation present. a month later its wrapped around an Oak tree in a ravine. Dont think she couldnt drive it cause she could roll with the best of us. She was just drivin over her head that night. When the road curved she went right off the shoulder. It reminded me of a Fiberglass Corvette that struck a wall at 100mph. It disentegrated literally. The Japs dont build tanks like the Tbird.

SC UL8R1990 said:
vr4's arent fast when your riding in a 1990 Corvette ZR-1 :D

i was riding with my dad in his ZR1 on I-71 with alot of open road ahead. The vr4 guy must have asummed it was a normal vette or something and started revving like crazy....idiot......Turns out we didnt need much of the open road ahead because my dad literally went around him when he put it to the floor. The guys plates read " 2FAST TT". After that the vr4 didnt bother trying to pass my dad as we were rolling at 55mph in a 65.

not too fast now is it?:D ;) :p

my dad rocks

i am your dad.. wait no i wish i was. ill buy the zr1 for $5 and a half a tube of toothpaste!!! sorry thats my best offer.

I see "now a tbird guys" offer and raise it 3 skittles and half of an oreo ( i call the icing). I want a ZR1! We might end up with a new Zo6:D

My buddy has a 93 Stealth with a Jap spec motor and has turned a best of 14.9 N/A. Last week he ran a 15.3 with a slipping clutch.

oh did i mention my dads ZR1 has 1,347 original miles on it?

yes one thousand three hundred forty seven miles

he just bought it 1 month ago with 600 original miles on it. He sold his 1970 600hp 454SS chevelle and got it.

ill snap some pics later this week.:D

Tell your Dad he better start driving the car. It was not made to sit in the garage it was made to be driven. :)

Back