datalogging with eec tuner

supercatxr7

Can I datalog with my shiftmaster eec tuner? The car is a 1990 XR7/SC A9U2. I want to know what the ACT is reading during wot and other factors. If not through the tuner can someone point to another way?

Last edited:
You can using the EEC editor software by Paul Booth. This is for the A9u2.

eec editor software

eec editor homepage

Email me and I will give you the Payload file to add to the end of your .eec file. jlimerbt@yahoo.com

Use this software to retrieve the datalog, up to 2 minutes before it fill the memory.

Here are the major steps:
>1. add Payload above to eec file
>2. DownLoad new EEC file in the tuner
>3. Drive around for 2 minutes. Park. Don't shut off
>engine
>4. Using EEC Editor, Retrieve Payload. Takes a few
>minutes.
>5. YOu will get a list of data with a .bin ending.
>Right click will show graphs.
>6. Turn off engine.
>7. Do a few Key-on Key-off if you want to datalog
>again.
>8. Or download your original EEc file and drive as
>usual.

Later,
Jerrod
aka Cougarsc

great...but...

After I have downloaded the program and try to open it up, I get an error:

Unable to Locate DLL

The dynamic link library VCL50.BPL could not be found in the specified path

and so on............................

Any clues?

hmmmm...

Works fine on my desktop with Windows 98, but still get the error with my laptop with Windows 2000. Guess I'll have to email the program developer.

That is a run time library for Borland Delphi. You can download that file form this link below:

Why it didn't install for you with the app, I don't know.

http://www.lcdinfo.com/lcd/files/Vcl50.zip

Keep in mind that data logging with that device is simply reading the values from the ECM memory and not actually reading the values directly off the ECM buss. Thus if the ECM is having an issue, you will only see what the ECM thinks it sees, not necessarily what is really happening.

I only mention that because if you are trying to trackdown a problem, it can be important that you understand that the data the ECM is reporting may not be 100% accurate depending on the type of issue involved.

There isn't yet a dataloger for the SC that logs the data as it gets sent to the ECM. Though there is one for Mustangs that may be easily converted if someone wants to buy one and pay for such an operation to be done. (They're expensive)

Back