Damn These Codes What Do They Mean

darkstar_one

hey hey i popped in the code reader and came up with these codes.

KOEO

117 - Coolant temp (ECT) Signal LO-CKT GND
125 - Throttle Position (TP) Volts too low
184 - Mass Air Flow Signal High CKT open
188 - Cruise Lean Limit. Bank 2 still rich
212 - No tach input from processor - SPOUT

KEOR
412 - Cannot raise RPM (EXTENDED IDLE)
116 - Coolant Temp (ECT) Sensor Out Of Range

what the hell does all thise mean? Any one?

Ah....what year SC?

Given the shear number of codes you may have lost your ref voltage to the varous sensors BUT.....I need to check the EVTM for your year SC to see if they are all related.

hey hey,

well i just turned 18 on sat the 23rd, luckly i got my car finished just in time. Well anyone got the results of my codes? should i buy a CHILTON book?

I'm sure Duffy is tracing out wireing schematics right now to help you. Be patient, he'll be with you as soon as he figures it out.
Youre in good hands. Just hang on.:)

Actually I think it would be better said that I have owned an SC for 14 years rather than I am a 14 year old SC owner!

How mechanically inclined are you? Ready to do some tracing of electical voltage?

The ECT (Engine Coolant Sensor) ACT (Air Charge Temperature Sensor), TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) all get their power from the same splice point in the electrical harness and the BAP (Barometric Absolute Pressure Sensor also gets its power from the same source but on a parallel line. All the VRef comes from the EEC.

The MAF though gets it power directly from the EEC Power Relay but an open in that circuit as well could cause the code you have.

Were you doing any work lately that would account for the sudden problem? From the number of codes and their type you may need a new EEC but there are things to check before making that leap.

One thing to check right away is if the engine is properly grounded. No ground and you have no electrical circuit for electricity to flow. How does this car run? You have a code for no tach input....does the tach work?

the TACH works fine. this EEC u speak of? Ill check the terminal connections on the car. I know i need to replace my new IAC valve cuz its an aftermarket from AUTOZONE. The only work that i have done lately is just replace the IAC. I flushed the radiator 2 days ago. Well i check the terminals and make sure the car is grounded completely or i will bust a cap in its ***. later. anymore suggestions ????

Back