site's going down

8ate8

i emailed my host yesterday and they got back to me today (what a suprise. i was expecting to wait about 2 years for an answer). i canceled my service and the site should be going down soon.

once i get a chance to talk to my friend that's gonna be the new host, i'll get that set up and the site will move over to there.

i'm also going to try and set up our own msg board (not ezboard). this'll be on our server so we don't have to deal with ads and downtime from ezboard.

So did I just donate $10 to the existing BBS for nothing?

you donated $10? the community chest was empty last time i looked. well i only purchased the 6 month plan, so after 6 months is up, i should have the new board running scotch free. it'll probably take a long time for me to set up the board anyways because i gotta learn a crash course in php first :)

I threw my ten bux into the pot on Wed, (I believe it said it might take up to 3 days to show), but this afternoon I saw it next to that little chest icon. As long as it didn't disappear in to virtual never-never land!

ok, i see it now. did anyone else donate? if not, i'm gonna throw in $10 and hope someone else throws in $7, and then i'm gonna close the community chest so no more donations come in. then we'll have gold for 6 months and by the time that is over, the new board should be finished.

and they are weird, too. sometimes i won't get any. other times i'll get 2 or 3..

Back