Headlights Flashing?

89IASC

I was wondering if any of you could help me? The last two weeks my headlights have been doing some strange things. I'll be driving and they will be working fine then all of a sudden they will start flickering off and on. I'll pull back on the switch for the brights and dims to stay on and they work fine, but if there on just low beam or high beam they flicker. I have turned off my fog lights, but it don't seem to help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

do a search on this topic, it comes up a lot.
i had this problem and it was caused by a faulty light switch,
replaced the switch and the lights worked fine

You need to replace the headlight switch as already stated. You can make them stay on for a much longer period of time if you shut off your fog lights. Or if you are on a long road trip you can push the knob in to shut off the lights and hold back on the turn signal in order to make all the lights turn on. You can hold it like this for a while until the switch cools down and then resume normal driving. But bottom line is, you need to replace the switch.

I owned an 89 SC when it was 3 to 5 years old and never knew this to be a problem down the road. When I bought my 35th in 2001, the headlights started flickering after 2 weeks. LOL. I get on SCCoA and they all go "oh yea". Love these guys.

I talk about it some at http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/HeadlightsFlicker.htm. I replaced my headlight switch and put a relay on the fog light circuit and no problems. One of the SC's weaknesses.

Hope we've helped.

A great week all.

WHAT TO DO ???????????????

GOT AFTER MARKET .......LIGHTING WIRES FROM COMPATION LIMITED................AROUND 50.00 PLUS..............RUN 80 & 100 WATTS LIGHTS......................NO PROBLEM NOW.........FAST FREDDIE:rolleyes: :cool: :D

Back