Who's broken driveline parts?????

Turbo351

Anything from driveshaft to rear end, half shafts, rear end mount, etc. Please share your experiences on what broke, and how it broke. Were you on street tires or stickies?

With my 3.8SC NOS I broke the rear end mount from repeated launches on drag radials. That's all I have to report so far.

I broke two breaker bars where the socket attaches

Trying to get a rear end out of a super coupe.. Didn't learn the first time so I try jumping on the bar again with my 300lbs snap there goes the second one. should have stopped trying after the first one but no. I got to be a fool. Never did get any of the rear bolts off or the drive shaft seperated. I ended up cutting it out. Let the person who bought it deal with the bolts and taking it apart.

Ladder bars arent gonna cause me to break stuff are they?

Not unless you bolt them to the halfshafts. BTW, save your next check....If you have an SC, your car has independent rear suspension and ladder/traction bars are not an option.

David

Last edited:
Here are some pics of what happened in my 94 LX w/splitport 3.8L N/A.

small060500031.jpg

small06050005.jpg

small06050006.jpg

Keep in mind, that was with the weak LX halfshafts. It has halfshafts from a 5-speed SC now. All of this happened when leaving a stop sign with WOT and 255 radials.

-Rod

My%20splitport%20beating%20a%20vette.jpg

I don't understand why the differential cover is broken. Did the rear end try to move side to side?

The centersection (pumpkin) actually tried to roll over, side to side, not front to back. The driverside of the centersection turned toward the ground, while the passenger side turned up toward the bottom of the car. Polyurethane diff mounts have fixed that problem.

-Rod

Back