guage cluster & brakes?

4characters

I had a weird problem a couple of days ago & I was wondering if its happened to anyone else, or if someone knows what the problem is/was. 90sc, I started the car and was driving down the street when I noticed that little cluster of warning lights above the radio wasn't on, you know the one with the oil change..etc..
so I almost get to the end of the street and my signal lights don't work, then I try to stop at the intersection, brake pedal is rock hard (no brakes). What the hell? I get the car to a stop (E-Brake), shut off the car, start it up, and everythings fine. I haven't had any problems since. any Ideas?

That is weird.

I know the VMM, (that little cluster of warning lights), has some connection with the ignition switch.

Possibly your ignition switch is on the way out?
Just a guess.

There seems to be a lot of odd electrical problems showing up on the BBS lately. I agree with TBirdDriver...sounds like your ignition switch is worn out.

Thanks guys, I'll look into replacing that, to tell you the truth as of aprox 1 month ago I can start my car without a key, just turn the ignition and go! So it does seem logical that the switch is on the fritz. Thanks again!

Back