Intercooler Fan

ENCDEI97

Okay I put the intercooler fan on my 95 and have been trying for the past 5 months to figure the best easiest way to wire it.
Anybody got any suggestions?
Would kinda like to wire it to a source that would make it run when the key is on.
Thanks in advance for any help.:confused:

WHAT TO DO ???????????????

I DIDN,T GO THAT WAY..........................JUST WIRED IT HOT WITH INLINE FUSE.......TO SWITCH IN CAR................NO PROBLEM.....FAST FREDDIE:rolleyes: :cool: :D

Fast Freddie, I would not recomend you keep that set up wong. Most switches aren't made to handle the amps that fan will pull for long periods of time. Ever wonder why fog light wiring kits come with relays?? Exactly, throw a relay in there and use the switch to flip the relay. Much safer all the way around for you and your car.

Tom, Go to www.summitracing.com or www.jegs.com and order the PermaCool 8" e-fan there. It's $58+ shipping which is cheaper than through MN12performance, or SuperCoupre performance, and the CFM ratings for the Permacool are higher than what's listed on either of the T-bird parts sites. That's what I'm going to do eventually, just havn't gotten around to it.

WHAT TO DO ???????????????

THANKS FOR THE INFO...............I ONLY USE WHERE NO MOVING OR VERY HOT DAYS..............FAST FREDDIE:rolleyes: :cool: :D

I put a relay on mine. But couldn't find an accessory lead so it is run from the stereo. You would think all the wires under the hood I could find an easy one to tap. Maybe with a helms manual or something.

Definitly put a relay in there. It is like 2$ from radioshack.

How did everyone mount their's? Zip ties seem so trashy/rigged.

-Julian

Back