Source for aftermarket seats?

Digitalchaos

My drivers side seat has bad lumbar support and a ripped left boslter from previous drivers hoisting themselves out with it.

My passengers side has a weak motor.

Is there a good aftermarket seat available to fit in this car? Not a racing seat, but a seat with features & comfort similar or in excess of the SC seats?

Thanks..

www.autosunroof.com

Call the 1800- number and see if they have a location near you. Do not go by their map because it is not updated. They do all great custom work. They can do the whole interior with any type of leather you want, two tone, stitched, piping, you name it. Whole interior 1089 bucks. They should be able to fix your motors.

Pretty well any good trim shop can take care of your seats. I've had the lumbar bladder replaced (Ford part about $40), bolsters re-covered and the other item that goes bad on SC's is the stitching on the back head rest (exposed to the sun). Best to replace these parts with same color vinyl, it will wear better. Replacement leather seat covers however, are very expensive, because there is not much demand and little in the way of aftermarket sources. The shop that did mine said Mercedes covers were even cheaper than SC's because of their popularity. I paid $400 to have my drivers side bolster re-covered, new lumbar bladder, extra padding in the seat base and the rear seat head rest repaired with a vinyl piece in the center.
Jim.

That is a little more than I expected. I wonder if I could just replace the seat with a new one at that price or if the dealers have since marked them up?

I guess it depends on what you're goal is.

I want good "show and go" so the interior/exterior have to be right. My bolster and bladder need the work, so I'll do them right. The SHO uses a tension band which will probably last longer than the SC bladders. Glad to know the bladders are still available.

Thanks for the info. ;)

Lee

new seat covers

my leather seats are shot so I have been checking out all my options. There is a web site www.leatherseats.com Their seat covers look real good and they E mailed me all kinds of information. Complete new leather seat covers for front and back are 799.00. 20.00 extra if you want two colors. 35.00 for all the needed hardware to install them, only catch is you have to do all the work.

Back