Is this my DIS Module

Bs89SuperCoupe

OK, I have another problem I need help with. About 2 months ago I had a simular problem, if not the same problem. The car would run for a while and then just cut off and start right up and run fine about 5-10 mins later. I replaced the crank sensor and put dieletric grease on the DIS Mod and it ran fine until about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Now pretty much the same thing is happening. I drive down the road and the car just shuts off. I've notice that once the car shuts off and I push on the gas the boost guage still works, but nothing else happens.

Is my problem with the DIS Mod, or is it with something else???

Thanks again for everyone's help!

Possibly, but still sounds more like the crank sensor. When you try to restart the car, does the up-arrow light on the tach come on and stay on? How's your harmonic balancer main bolt these days?

"Dielectric Grease"

I believe you should be using "Heat Sink Compound" found at Radio Shack & not Dielectric Grease.
Your DIS is overheating, hopefully you didn't cook it!!

I'm using Dielectric that I got from Napa , but it says for ford ignition and chevy electronic modules ( heat disapation) you just gotta get the right kind. Napa is the best, I went all over trying to find that crap, finally went to napa and they had the stuff, radio shack didnt have it.

Radio shack has it, they just have no clue what they are talking about.

If you ask for heat sink compound they will be able to get you what you need.

Aaron

Heat Sink Compound

Ask for sku 276-1372, that is the catolog code for the heat sink compound. Its $1.99 U.S., you can prob get it in the Canadian shacks as well.

Back