Electrical question

Billabong089

Hey, I got a blue LED alarm light a while back and I want to hook it up now, theres three wires,

Red- Battery or 12volt constant,
Black - ground,
Yellow-ground to the exisiting alarm light.

so anyway the old alarm light I have, I guess isn't 12volt because the light wont light up, so I figure it must be way lower voltage, although the new one claims 15ma draw current so I gotta find a new 12volt hook up...

But anyway where can I get a constant 12volt source? I wanna hook it up to the fuse panel, so what fuse gets constant power? I'm thinking it would be

The Stop LPS or INST PNL ?

also the old alarm light wires have silver wires but the new light has the copper (brownish whatever, the color you see most often lol ) is it ok to connect it to that? when I say silver wire, I mean the wire underneath the insulation. Damn.. I really sound like a dumbass... please ignore the fact lol.
fusedisplaypanel.jpg

oh and I got two more questions, I took the instrument panel finish panel off, and I had to disconnect this vent and wire harness, what is that? its the to the left of the VMM on the panel it looks like a little speaker vents and behind it, its got a rubber hose( like the hoses for the vents and like i said wire two-wire harness... ?

And I wanna remove the instrument panel because my stock boost guage stopped working so I'm thinking it got unhooked from the back? Do I just remove those four screws and it comes off?

Last edited:
Use the stop lamps power - it's constant

The silver wire is just tinned copper, no problem.

You need a 12volt source because that blue LED takes more voltage to light up than a red LED.

You should be able to hook up the light to the same power as the alarm uses.

Aaron

Back