SC Value.......

J

JSGAuto

Hi, I posted this on the non-tech form but i wanted to also get an idea what you guys thought since we are from the same area.

I just came back from looking at a 1989 SC.
The good;
Manual
new clutch
rear end rebuilt
no dents
its a sc!

The bad;
The paint is an ugly yellow and is chiped on the front bumper
the drivers side seat is torn up
Has no radio, and that thing that tells mpg and fluid levels
It needs a new oil pan
Needs tires

So what do you think it is worth? He said make an offer, so please give me ideas.
Thanks
Jim

Well, an 1989 S.C. is worth about $2500 in Excellent condition. So if it needs paint, (how's body, rust???); 130,000 miles is a lot of miles if driven by a hard driver, nothing if well maintained. The car needing tires is an "OH WELL" in my eyes. The oil pan is a BIG DEAL!!! That is a big job. Why does it need a new pan, rusted?? Anyway, also check the eight digit on the VIN. If it's a 'C' code, run like the devil, if it's 'R' code, you're ok.

Any further questions feel free to call me.

Don O'Neill, Jr.

President of the NJTACC and SCCOA of New Jersey

(973) 277-4294

There is no rust on the car that i saw. It appears that the car hit a rock or something and cracked the pan, but it doesn't look rusty, at least from just puting my head under the car. I figured since the car has high miles i would just rebuild the engine. What do you mean by the engine codes? What is the difference?

Jim, if the car isn't too far from Roxbury, let me know and I will take a look at it for you. Oil pans on 3.8s don't rust because they are aluminum. Call me or stop by the Texaco. Bob

Back