Someone give me some SCHIMETATICS

darkstar_one

hey hey.. any one have a diagram on the front end of the car. Im basically gonna make a home made intake to pull cold cold air off the front bumper. Im gonna really mess around with it and see how much i can gain and how cold i can make it. If it works i will post it up and show it to everyone. let me know people.

I dont have any diagrams of the front end but i have a story to share. I am gonna try really hard to get some pics of this to share with everyone. Anyway, i took out the fog light on the pass side and used 4" gardening tubing from Home Depot. To explain further of course the silencer is gone and the factory air box also. The tube kind of crinkles like a accordian if you can picture it and i was able to angle it from the fog light right into the intake hole where the air box used to be. The tube itself narrows to a about 2" rectangle on both ends allowing it to fit in the fog light hole well. I used a piece of grill mesh that my friend had laying around on the end of the tube (inlet) to stop birds and small pets from getting sucked up in there. I have been running this for a while and engine temps have been down and im sure there is a lot more cool air getting scooped up by the filter. Like i said hope to have pics and describe it further to everyone but darkstar if you dont mind giving up your fog light you can have a cold air scoop for about 5 bucks and an hour of your time.

i took off my fog light brackets anyways i wouldnt mind. i took them off cuz one of them was bended and im gonna replace them anyways with better ones from EUROLITE.. oh yeah well let me get pics.. thanx

also you may want to buy the shop manual, lots of pics, got mine off ebay for $5, obviously it was a copied cd, but it works good and i dont care :p

Back