What brand TORX bits

NorthrnSCownr

I bought LESLI brand from SEARS to replace my pads, on the first torque, the bit edges bent. Obviously not hardened.... any recomendations for brands of TORX bits to throw in my box? (btw i ended up getting the calipers off with the warped bit anyhow, but took them right back)
Thanks for any info,
Tom

Get the real thing - Craftsman. Two words: Lifetime Guarantee!

Either that, or any titanium TORX bit would be idea.

Thats the thing! I went to SEARS expecting Craftsman, but they only sold the LESLI brand TORX?? Even today at a different SEARS store, after returning them, I browsed thier TORX and NO Craftsman?
In search of quality...
Tom

SK or Snap-on impacts. More money but well worth it if you're going to be doing alot of your own work.

Ford puts torx bits everywhere on these cars. Look at the seatbelt anchors for instance. If you thought that Ford was bad with these "specialty" bits, try working on a Volkswagen. I had a jetta for about a year as a beater, and I swear, the entire car was built with metric hex bit screws.

A set is a good idea. I like the craftsman ones for the sole reason that you can take them back at any Sears hardware store when they break and they don't give you any bull about taking them back.

Back