Crazy Bucking Or Somthing!

Smuggz

||||||!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!|||||||

Yeah well okay here is what it does... It does this when ever.. okay well first my RPM's will like either Jump or jerk then the it will drop like dead.. BUT! Still runs and Accelrates but that is when it starts cucking.. like Hard Core.. when i stop the car.. PARK.NEUTRAL,DRIVE. Either one the engine Serges... like whiness
lik rrreeerr eerrr Reeerr eeerrr.. so on but not the MAF fule Filter or Ingnition Modual or Ignition or My Spark Plug WIres... What is the Deal!!!!!

Oh and i put 93 octane in it and.. Uhh.. Somtimes it Smells like it Burning somthing but i don't know.. COuld just be the car.. oh and when i accelrate it kind Gurgels or what ever like i'm not getting a good Accelration .... Like when i FLOOR it.. not when i'm just cruzin

Should i Try cleaning the throttle body and the IAC. It may be gummed up with carbon.

Last edited:
Your cam sensor is shot. I got my SC real cheap because it had that problem. cost me $28.00 for the sensor.:)

REALLY?

Are you absolutly Sure i mean i have put $500 in my car and i got it cheap as well are you Positive?Discribe your probs you had with it

with mine, i could be driving along at any speed and it would just start literally "bucking" if i stomped my foot to the floor it would slowly accelerate and buck all the way up to 80 mph if i wanted. i would just pull over, sit a minute and restart the car and it would run normal again. over time the episodes will become more frequent to the point you MUST change the cam sensor. if you go to the search you should find a few threads on this. it's a cheap fix that takes all of 15-20 minutes for the do-it-yourselfer. other people have had similar problems related to the "crank" sensor which is a whole other story. hope this helps. good luck

What?

It could be the Crank Sensor.. ? Or i should get a Cam Sensor and Try to Change it myself
HOw do i change it?
Oh and there is no Check Engine Light Eiter.!!!:eek:

Last edited:
Re: What?

Smuggz said:
It could be the Crank Sensor.. ? Or i should get a Cam Sensor and Try to Change it myself
HOw do i change it?
Oh and there is no Check Engine Light Eiter.!!!:eek:
Nope.. not the crank sensor. Cam sensor will rarely toss a code. While I won't guarantee that its your problem, I can say this much.. your problem is consistent with a failed cam sensor.. I've have to replace mine twice ;) Its easy to do.. take the SC belt off, unplug some wires and unbolt it. Then just bolt the new one on. Its the hockey puck looking thing just to the left of the supercharger snout.
You'll thank me for this, but stuff some paper towels under the sensor to catch the tiny bolts when they fall. They'll dissappear in the engine compartment otherwise. :D

i didn't take my belt off but that would make it easier. just be careful with the wiring harness because it's real brittle. i had cracked insulation on one of my wires. good luck

Back