engine rebuild

Douglas Walker

Im in the process of rebuilding my motor in my 89sc and Im probably going to need some advice. So I'll be asking many questions throughout the whole ordeal. Right now I'm looking for options on replacement parts.
1st:
Oil Pump? I hear 94/95 oil pump would be the best but they are discontinued. I also read up on the melling pump but havent heared any feed back on price, availability, and the actual satisfaction of the product. Is there any other options for a high volume pump.

Thanks
Doug

No sir, I dont beleive there is.
Call 1-800-266-6049 and ask for Dan Newman, If anybody can get the 94-95 oil pump it would be him. Dan has been a valuable resource to me and my SC project. He's a car guy and wont tell you somethings not available just because he may have to track it down.
He's found warehouses full of parts that I've been told before were discontinued. As you know there are lots of parts that are dealer only meaning you cant get them from Pep boys or Autozone. Dan really opened my eyes as far as buying parts from a dealer. We all know the stories of dealers charging $120 for a $20 part hell my own local dealership that I've bought new cars from do it to me but Dan doesnt do that.
Any original Ford parts I've bought from him were priced right in line with Autozone generic parts. Nothing pleases me more than getting real Ford parts for generic Autozone prices.
Give him a call and tell him Mike from the SC board sent you.:)

Best place to buy a BHJ harmonic.
Also does anyone know if they sell a package kit for the fuel system. Im lookin for 38# injectors, Fuel regulator, and a 255lph fuel pump. Plus 76mm maf and 75mm tb. Any info will be helpful.

Thanks
Doug

Hey Doug, what's going on? I've got some good sources for that stuff. Shoot me an e-mail.

Thomas

Back