Questions about Codes/Tuning

Thomas A

I'm supposed to be having my car tuned tommorow, and am wondering if I'm going to be alright. I had a CEL today, so I pulled codes. This is what I came up with:

124=TPS votage higher then expected
157=MAF sensor voltage too low
214=CID Cylinder identification sensor-circuit faliure

The first two I'm not too concerned about. I figure that will be able to be taken care of on the dyno. It's the last one that has me concerned. From what I read, that basicly means that the cam sensor is having some sort of issue. Any idea exactly what needs to be done, or is this something that can be fixed with a tune? I'm going to bring an extra cam sensor along just incase. Some input would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Thomas

No, the CEL goes away. They were in stored memory. I just cleared the same ones a couple of weeks ago.

Thomas

Do you have any mods?

So these are reoccuring codes. There is obviously a problem. It has been my experience with a code reader that changing out the bad sensor or part will solve the problem. At least this has always worked for me change out clear codes no more problems.

Just cause you get a CEL every now and then doesn't mean there is a problem because the EEC will correct the problem. If the CEL is staying on then you need to correct the problem.

Couldn't hurt anything to change out the sensors of the codes you are getting to see if they come back

Back