Blinking ARC light..

BlackSC

Okay so I have this kind of weird problem. My ride control has always worked perfectly. But last week I yanked the ARC computer completely out in the trunk (while I was getting rid of the amp shelf under the rear deck). Don't ask me why I didn't just leave it connected but at any rate when I reconnected it something didn't work. Now when I get into a corner hard or try to use the firm setting the firm light on the dash blinks five times. I know 1-4 times represents which corner isn't working but I can't find a code anywhere for what 5 blinks means. The computer IS firmly plugged in so pretty sure that's not the problem. Anybody else seen this problem? Any way to maybe reset the ARC computer to clear the codes?

btw this is a 93 5sp if it matters...thanks.

I have never heard of 5 blinks either.

Took a look at codes there are 80 suspension codes to choose from . Do you have any way to pull the codes.

There is a way to clear them when you use a code reader. Not sure If disconnecting the battery will also work for ride control computer.

oops, stupid me

Thanks guys, Lance, I have your link favorited but did not read closely enough to realize that the code 50 is represented on the dash by 5 blinks. I can most likely fix it now - may buy a code reader or just use my usual paperclip method and see if that clears it out, and check out that relay. As far as I know the wire tail can't be plugged into the computer backwards because of the shape of the surrounding plastic. But thanks anyhow!

Back