pics of my blown engine

creeperxr7

mike heres the pics of my engine after disassembly i dont know if you can really see whats going on ..

#2 rod journal from the front of the shaft spun cant really see it i think didnt run the enige as soon as i toought something wasnt right so not much damage

Attachments

• my pictures0015.jpg
    my pictures0015.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 231
and here it is before it went in...... poor thing it never knew:(

Attachments

• my pictures0011.jpg
    my pictures0011.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 230
Yeah its tough when your learning and things go wrong. Nothing wrong with making mistakes, just learn from them. Lord knows I've made a truck load of em in my youth.
Just pay attention in class Creeper and take advantage of the schooling....you'll come out fine.:)
You gotta learn to walk before you take off runing.;)

Are you having the machine shop build the shortblock for you this time?

no .... the machine shop told me it be cheaper if i built it back up on my own and this being the 3rd time i aint got no $ left to spare so i guess im taking that option.. but i left them my crank pistons, rings, cam, rods and block and they said they would make sure that every thing is down to specs in all parts... so i can just put it together... but a im going to double check theyre work... like u said any body can make mistakes... and i guess my other crank polished out std size ... so i just told him to make sure the journals werent out of round ... and check all my bores and main saddles for roundness..... i told him whatever had to be done to do it so probably tuesday ill have it back at the house ready for assembly... may be u can guide my trough it so i wont miss anything and double check my clearencess with u ...if thats alright with u

Back