Ratling near my ear in door area??

NorthrnSCownr

It was faint for a while, and I even forgot about it, but tonight it was annoying as anything! The noise appears to be coming from the door/next to my ear/ in the area just below the seatbelt clip in the closed position. It sounds like something very thin that is vibrating on bumpy surfaces. I did not have time to investigate yet, and thought I would fist see if anyone else has any ideas.
Thanks aheads of time,
Tom

door lock?

check your door lock, it could be moving around, i think i had a similar noise out of my passanger side for a while, the lock mechanism was loose.

check for change or keys in the ash tray, glove box, and the center console too! I don't smoke nor use the ashtray for practically nothing and a couple pennies and a key drove me nuts for awhile... hahaha, i think the key in there was the spare for the ignition... hahaha i know i know... i'm an idiot:p

on mine a window track rusted off and was rattling inside the door i think i just left it out and window still works fine

maybe its the metal ground effect peice thats attached to the door.. somehow mine is loose and rattles when i drive, that and i need to replace my door hinge.

Back