The Thunderbirds invaded the Barn!!!!

L

lube70

Hey, thanks to everyone who came out on March 17th for our third meeting and Tech session. The buffet was good and we had 14 Supercoupes at the Barn with a few SC'er's not in attendance. This would have put us at 20 S.C.'s!!!!! Not bad since the national meets pull about 100.

Wanted to also say hello to our new members that came out and joined us there. It was much appreciated having everyone come out.

Our next meet will be in Central Jersey, near Exit 117 off the Garden State Parkway. This will allow more people to enjoy the club from that area.

Also, Bryan and I will be holding a tech session for detailing you interior and exterior at the end of March.

Also, MAJOR THANKS TO BOB!!!!!!!! None of us predicted having to take APART an SC at his shop. Not only did Bob allow us to use the shop for our tech session, (Which never really got started because of the engine work), but he also did almost all the work!!!!!!!!

Next meet Bob, food for you is on me!!!!!!!

Anyway, look for Jim O'Neill, our webmaster to post our pics up and what a job he is doing. Also Dwayne is also helping with the web site which should be up in about a month.

Again, thanks again, and happy SC'ing!!!!

P.S. Special thanks to Wanda for helping with the engine job....and we have pics to prove it!!!!!

Don O'Neill, Jr.

Actually we had 16 birds/cats/marks. 13 were there for the group photo, one guy left early who had a fox body bird, another showed up after with the teal sc (sorry, i'm bad with names :) ), and then our new recruit, bob, who owns FIVE SC's who was in there down and dirty helping tear apart Jesse's Cat.

I should have some of the pics up by the end of tomorrow. The group shot where I was taking picture by picture might take a while longer because I have to stitch the photos together.

The big group shot will be posted on the Yahoo Groups page (due to space restriction, i think we only get about 4 or 5 megs on yahoo.. don't want to fill it) But ALL of the pics will be posted on our temporary site, located at:

njtacc.8ate8.com

Once the site is finished, I'm going to work on getting our domain, www.NJTaCC.com set up.

Thanks to everyone for coming. Once we figure out a date for the next meet, I'll post up directions since the next meet is down in Central Jersey near me.

The Thunderbirds invaded the Barn!!!! Summary!

For those who were not there, I had a slight leak through the intake under boost that would cause the coolant resevior to bubble back big time. It got so bad that I almost didn't bring the car, as it started acting up very badly on our trek to The Barn. :x

Yes indeed...big shout out to DWAYNE AND BOB who rolled up their sleeves and got me rollin'!! :rollin:

:D
Bob is the Man of the Hour!! Bob, who elected the The Black River Barn (round of applause), volunteered his shop & tools, and messed up his good pants to get me rollin'!! WHO'S THE MAN!!?? I OWE YOU BIG TIME!

And Dwayne is Runner Up!! For braving the frigid cold on his motocycle (the Mrs. had left the house with the car keys) and helping rip down the top end of my engine.
:D

Thanks to Don, Yoshi, Heber, Jim and the others who chipped in and/or just stayed late for moral support also!!!

We finely got it rollin' at about 8:30pm at which
point we locked up shop and hit the road for a well deserved rest! |I

It's running fine now, the DIS is cracked so that will need to be replaced, luckily I have a good one in the garage!!

All and all I think Sunday's meeting was great. It started our rough when my brother's SC lost O/D. Don got his Pearl SC to sound right! It sounded SUH-WEEEEE-TAH!!! It had a terrible 4cylinder buzz before. Pat's SC had rear bumper damage but that'll be fixed soon.

The sight of all those Birds (one cougar/Mk 7) lined up at The Barn and crowding Bob's shop was enough to get me all "Faklempt!!". We all got to get up close and personal with the SC car/engines thanks to Big Daddy Don's Tech session.

:eek:
Don snagged a new member who just happened to be stopping by the shop for gas!! This guy, Bob2, had "5" Supercoupes (eat your heart out Don!!! lol) Not only did this this guy, Bob2, send the wife and kids home so he could stay for the tech and write notes, he also pitched in with the intake leak work all sprawled across the engine!! Is SC fever crazy or what??

OH yeah...the Barn had a VERY good array of food even at $20 a person!! But as I stated last time, when the weather breaks, be sure we're gonna have a BBQ at someone's house and or a state park so we can bring our own food and save on some $$$!!

If anyone is interested, Heber is selling his teal on gray fully loaded auto '95(?) SC with something like 50k miles on it . If memory serves me he's asking $7500 best offer I think...will be posting in Yahoo for sale area

And until I remember more that is the round up of our 3rd meeting. We are already almost 30 strong everyone!! Thanks again everyone!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES!!

8o
Jesse 3

This was my first meeting and I thought it was awesome! The SCCNJ is a great bunch of guys and it's easy to see why this club will keep growing. My girlfriend Wanda who attended is even getting enthusiastic about T-bird's (mine in particular, thankfully), and is thinking about owning one herself someday in the not too distant future.

Special thanks to Don O'Neill, Jr. for patiently answering my many, many questions and providing much valuable advice, and of course Bob's contribution of the use of his garage was
most generous.

Great place to begin the meeting at the Barn, probably the best breakfast I've had in years. Looking forward to the next meet, and of course applying all my newfound knowledge to my own SC. Later,

Joe Brauner

Ya! I read my post and got a kick out of:

This was my first meeting and I thought it was awesome!...Looking forward to the next meet, and of course applying all my newfound knowledge to my own SC.

I never would have dreamt that my "newfound knowledge" would have led to pulling my engine out in my garage and installing the rebuilt one! :D

At the time of that meet my SC was still my daily driver, and it was completely stock including the air silencer! :rolleyes:

Amazing to think.............WAYYYYYYY BACKKKKKK

Well, I still remember the day you and Wanda wandered into the Barn that day. You were new to the whole thing and loved it.

So glad to see that we have continued to be here and make new things happen.

Bet Anthony never thought that after asking me about exhaust that he'd be running 11's with his car!!!!!

Don

I had no clue, but Fertile Phil seemed to think so!

BTW - Anyone who wants to give him a call, he said he'd be willing to do work on other people's cars now.

Anthony

Back