8.8" Thunderbird/Cougar Rear Ring and Pinion Sets

rolltide

I have a question. Will the above parts offered by SCP on the club do anything good for my 95 SC 5-speed. I just have intake and plan to do exhaust, but want better take-offs at the stop light. Thanks.

8.8" Thunderbird/Cougar Rear Ring and Pinion Sets 3.27:1

8.8' Thunderbird/Cougar ring and pinion Sets

Should make a differance. I have a 3:27 set I will seel cheap. I went to 3:73 set in my automatic.

opinions?

So how will this improve my car if I go with the SCP 3:27 gears. How will my MPG be hurt and how much does this run to install. I have a 95 5-speed that I want to improve a little. Thanks.

-Tony

8.8 thunderbird cougar ring and pinion

How does $60 plus shipping sound? Unless you have something to trade.

I have recently installed 3.27 and I hate them. I do alot of highway driving and at 80mph, I'm running 2900rpm! I'm switching to 3.08's!

Gas mileage sucks tooooooo!

Calvin

I will sell this complete pumpkin if anyone is interested. 200 plus shipping!

Last edited:
So those are ford oem gears correct Tim? whats the mileage on em?
Also, where are you? for shipping reasons

200 sounds like quite a bit, where are you from Fearthis??

8.8 thunderbird ring and pinion

The car had about 70,000 miles on it when I changed the gear. It was in good shape and didnt make noise. It was the stock set in the car. I live in Illinois north of Chicago. I never said $200 I said $60 plus shipping. About 189.97 new thru Summit plus shipping.

im from canada and i can get a set for $100 cash up here without duty, shipping and taxes and all that shiet, not to mention that $60us is about $90 can, so i think ill pass, unless you can do better

8.8 thunderbird ring and pinion gear

If you can buy a new set for $100 I would get the new set. That is a great price. I paid $189 for the 3:73 set new. Tim

livn said:
200 sounds like quite a bit, where are you from Fearthis??
COMPLETE Pumpkin 3L27 (3.27's). Its all about supply and demand, so 200 isn't a bad price! No work needed, but just to make the swap of pumpkins! So the math is simple, buy gears alone, then you need to have them installed which is around 200USD or so. Then with the price of the gears and the installation of those gears, you're looking at around 400USD. :D
Originally posted by rolltide
So how will this improve my car if I go with the SCP 3:27 gears. How will my MPG be hurt and how much does this run to install.
Tony,
I recently travelled back from Houston which is 347 miles one-way. I cruised at 80 to 85, with moderate acceleration, I got roughly 240 to 250 miles a tank.

Performance wise, you will love them, but if you do much Highway driving or make a commute, then I would suggest 3.08's.

Calvin

Last edited:
Back