what lil thigns can i do to get horsepower??

squirt

i have a 89 sc and was wonderin what lil things i could do to get some horsepower out of it?? and if there is any websites i could get for parts and tips on things would be great!! aslo has anyone heard of blueprinting there blower for more power? if so what is that all bout ? and what does it normaly run? thanks

lol ya a v8 would work but ive been lookin for a sc for a while now and found an 89 sc to throw in my v6 stang ......couldnt pass it up only had less than 80k got everything in the engine bay tubing , all of it and all the wires from engine bay to tail lights for $250... just would like any hints on helping to squeeze a lil more hp out of it ... been told if u wanna know any tricks to do wit a sc i need to come here ...well any info will be helpfull thanks

www.supercoupeperformance.com

Mac 3.8 headers for Mustangs
Bigger TB, MAF,
Magnaport II Supercharger
10% Overdirve Pulley
Aluminum Jackshaft pulley
Underdrive Pulleys
Magnum Powers Front Mount Intercooler
Biggest improvements will come from a cam upgrade and head work. It all depends on how fast you can afford to go.

First off...

U need to have an exhaust... I'd say do exhaust first, otherwise if u do heavy modding and have stock exhaust u could face a rebuild down the road... and secondly, even before exhaust... have your air silencer removed and get a bigger MAF and throttle body

Air silencer removal...K&N panel filter..76mm massair....Then work on exhaust...2, 2 1/4 pipes into 2 high flow cats(optioinal)to a 2 2 1/4 inlet resonator 3-3.5 inch outlet back to two 2.5 inch mufflers of choice...I also reccomend 190lph-255lph pump in tank change..Nice for a stock SC..Then you can go with a 5% pulley for SC

ALSO..before anything a good tuneup..I reccomend Denso Iridium it20 plugs (do not gap them no need)Change fuel filter as well...A good set of wires such as Accell extreme would be nice..

Ummm. I think he is using the motor in his stang.

"ive been lookin for a sc for a while now and found an 89 sc to throw in my v6 stang"

So all of the exhaust stuff won't work, but he can use the mac mustang headers, and any aftermarket mustang exhaust. They are a dime a dozen. And all the engine mods he can find.

sweet thanks guys !! and yes it is ogin in my stang ....i was wondering bout the mac long tube headers will they bolt up to the sc heads even tho there only made for a 94-98 stang?? if so would be great found some for the sc motor but they want like almos 600 n the macs are only around 200!!!!if there is any more lil things , tricks or hints to do with the motor i would love to hear it ......thanks squirt

As far as I know, there are a few people on here that run the Mac Mustang headers on their SC. Use the search function and search the tech and non tech forums for Mac Headers.

Is this "air silencer" within the stock air box? Does the 9" K&N bolt on eliminate the "air silencer" ?

It is under the factory air box and is a sound modification. Save your money and remove the silencer and just use a K&N Drop in filter. The cold air intakes are not going to give you any more HP than stock. Maybe 3hp tops for 225 bucks. Or you can gain 3 hp from a 45 dollar K&N Drop in filter. Spend your money elsewhere first.

I have a drop in k&n if you want it.
I spent the $200 on a CAI and unfortunately can agree with 1BADSC.
Let me know if you want it.
-Julian

1BADSC said:
It is under the factory air box and is a sound modification. Save your money and remove the silencer and just use a K&N Drop in filter. The cold air intakes are not going to give you any more HP than stock. Maybe 3hp tops for 225 bucks. Or you can gain 3 hp from a 45 dollar K&N Drop in filter. Spend your money elsewhere first.

heck ya thanks for the info man that is what i am talkin bout lil things like that......where u can drop money somewhere thats gonna be worth it.......thanks a bunch

I was looking at the $45 bolt on 9" filter that eliminates the stock air box, is that worth it?

Then I was thinking of replacing the plastic with the metal 3" intake tube, which is probably what you're saying I shouldn't get?

Would not use the cone filter because then you will just be sucking in very hot engine air. Just keep the stock box and use a K&N drop in filter.

Has anyone told you, you're on here entirely too much? :)

heheheh, I'm sure I'll be the same way once I pick up this car.

Thanks for the suggestion, that makes sense, I'll be picking up the drop in filter.

Back