Signature pic

charged92

I guess I am computer illiterate! Can someone please explain to the dumb guy how to get a picture in his signature please!!!:confused:

Question I got a really cool image that I want to use in my signature...but I don’t know how to do that...

(1) Upload the image on the web (like your homepage site)
(2) Bring the image up on screen.
(3) Right click it to get the url address, go to your user cp and put this in your signature: (keep in mind that sword.gif is just an example)
(4)[ IMG ]http://www.urlOfImageHere.com/sword.gif[ /IMG ] making sure you take the space out before and after the [ ]

Last edited:
Did you get the picture uploaded to the web somewhere?
What is the URL?
If you didn't upload a picture anywhere, attach it to a reply here and you can link from it.

Actually the picture is the picture in my Yahoo profile. I did it exactly the way you said ( I think ) and I couldn't get it to work. I know the same pic is in this forum from a couple months ago. I never thought of trying it! I will try it now. Thanks for the help!:D

As you can see that didn't work either. The pic I am trying to use can be found if you use threads from last 100 days and it is on page 12. It is the first pic in MY 92 SC thread.

I see that you can't link to a picture that was attached to the forum. It gives you a text link instead.
attachment.php

Go to the picture on yahoo and right click right on the picture and highlight the url then copy it.
Then paste the url here. You can try that one.

I am a pain in the a** I know! I tried the copy and paste thing and I end up with the link to the pic the same as the one in the forum. I must be getting closer because before it wouldn't display the pic when you clicked the link and now it does. It might be easier to make 1000 copies of the pic and send one to each SCCoO member to stick on their monitors when they read one of my posts!:D

This is insane! Maybe the 1000 copies isn't such a bad idea? Thanks for hosting my pic. If I knew how to make my own homepage on Sympatico I could host my own. I get webspace but don't know how to use it!:confused:

OOPS!! I checked the address in my sig just to make sure I had it right and I noticed the C in charged92 was missing!Hehe my bad. There it is!! Again thanks a lot for hosting my pic! If it becomes a problem let me know. Once I find someone with the knowledge to help me with my own homepage I will let you know.

:D Thanks again for your help!! :D

Dean,

Are you planning to attend the meet tonight? It might be neat to park our cars side by side and maybe get a pic or two (if we can beat the darkness).

Cheers,

Sean

Sean,
Believe me when I say "I WISH"! I am on afternoons and we are doing 10 hr shifts so I'll be at the old Ford plant from 4pm untill 3 am for the next two weeks. If we get a track day at St Thomas I'll be there, maybe we can hook up then if your attending.:D

Back