Consensus on head gaskets

tbirdboy

Putting together necessary parts, tools, and shop work for my HG/R&R.
Would Felpro be the main choice for gaskets for 3.8's or is there something else that is prefered? And if so what would be the part # for that item?
Mine is split between cylinders 4 & 5. Car drives but knocks easily under partial load.

Thanks.

Order the upper gasket set from SCP along with the head studs. I'm using them in my new setup, and have heard only good things about them.

i used the felpro its going fine so far around 5k miles on them
they were reasonable priced somewhere around 20 a piece

Last edited:
I went with the 4.2 f-150 96 or 97 v-6 head gaskets, these are solid and would last a lote longer i have had no problems with them but, you have insure you seat them down good. When installing your heads you must tight lossen tighten lossen and so on to in sure they seal good. These wont blow so, if anything goes wrong it would be your lower end going out before these will.

i looked at the 4.2 but they cost a lot i think around 80 a piece and they said you should resurface the heads

you dont have to but you should, i deck cut mine ten thous. to keep my compression. if you don't the youll lose compression, but if you put on a 10% pull then youll gain it back from boost increase.

Back