|||||info On Cam Sensor||||||

Smuggz

when it is bad and starts bucking what is it doing.. ? Is this Okay TO Drive...? and What is that Burning Smell.. And the slight smoke.. Could this be Oil kinda smells like it.. What all does the CAM SHAFT Sensor do ... I know what it dose when it doesn't WORK BUT ALL ALL DAMAGE COULD THE BAD CAM SHAFT SENSOR DO?

When I got my 94 It had a cam sensor problem and not sure if it was because of the cam sensor but my cats fried. I think it made the motor run to rich or something.

Smuggz the cam sensor is used by the ECU to determine when cylinder #1 is comeing up. The ECU then takes that info and calculates when to fire the injectors and which coilpack to fire.

Thats what the bucking is, the ECU is fireing the wrong coilpack and it causes the engine to surge like that.
You're smelling your cats frying because the fireing order is off when its bucking and is dumping raw fuel into the cats, thats why you smell them there on fire inside.

I would'nt drive it that way.:)

SIGH...

Lol okay i know i'm a Buger Could my computer Be Screwed Why the heck is my RPM Metter Going Nuts...!?

Tac will be eratic all well. Just replace it. It is simple just 2 screws and one connetor and $30 bucks and wa la fixed.

MAN!

That is Reassuring.. I thank you all for this.. I've just been Through alot.. Now if i can just stay alive in this awesome machine

Yeah that little thing can cause some wierd problems. When it starts acting up the tach jumps all over the place and other time the tach just shuts completely off.

See when the cam sensor goes out the comp has to geuss which coilpack to fire. Sometimes it geuss's wrong and thats when you get the bucking. When starting the engine the comp will geuss when to fire the first set of coils. 1 out of 3 trys it will geuss right and the engine will fire up and run like nothings wrong until something confuses the comp and then it starts bucking.

I noticed the thing that would cause mine to get confused when it was running right was a quick change in engine RPM. Mine would do it everytime it shifted into OD. Then it would be like riding a bronc in the rodeo!!:eek:

FINALY

BRO I COULD KISS YA BUT I"LL JUST WRITE A SONG ABOUT YOU INSTEAD You just Confirmed about $2,000 Worth of Quiestions lol i know its not the Computer or Trans or ECT>....THANKS LATER======================================================One more thing.. When i floor it from a dead stop shouldn't it like Spin out for a while. When i floor it now it like Tries to Kick the Supercharger in like kind not reall Jerks but its like somthings holding it back.... Would cam sensor be doing this TOO!?:D

Last edited:
Back