why close the thread???

1BADSC

Why close the thread that was just talking about copy protecton. Big deal. Nothing illegal was going on. guess we should remove any pictures or diagrams or exploded views of various engine parts that are posted all the time. Those diagrams were taken from factory manuals, Granted the Ford dealer will sometimes give you some of them. But closing the other thread was not really needed in my opinion.

Because in my opinion (and obviously others) it does violate copyright laws to share copyrighted information. Also, as I stated in the reply where I closed the thread, this forum will not be a party to illegal activities no matter what your personal opinions might be on the subject.

The thread was closed so no others could participate.

If you have specific other threads that you believe are in violation of copyright or other laws, please email those to me (address is below) and they will be reviewed.

I would think that George is ultimately responsible for the content of these pages. In my opinion, which may or may not be accepted, he could be held responsible for the activity suggested. It could be that even if certain club memebers condone illegal activity, regardless of whether they think it is OK or not, the person who runs the club would be at fault.

Skip

my point was that not illegal activiites were taking place, someone just asked if anyone had the program. People responded and said they would not do it because it was illegal. Another member told the guy where he could buy a copy. So nothing was going on. Oh well. Just wanted to vent.

No need to get upset dude. I have been involved in some pretty long, sladerous threads dating back to the "JD" days! Every one of those threads got locked.

Remember back then Jim? LOL!

Anyhow, I think that Moderators and Administrators need to play the, "Better safe than sorry" routine to protect their own butt! Sometimes this rubs people wrong, but someone has to do the dirty work.

LOL!

Skip

Engine diagrams and other similar stuff that gets scanned from manuals and posted is not necessarily a copyright violation. Under the fair use doctrine (title 17, section 107), copyrighted material can be used in some cases like for criticism, comment, education, etc. And that's exactly what goes on here, most of the time...;)

Back