Knocking noise

Lugen

Hi,
I get a prominent knocking/rattle while mildly crusing. It is a suspension noise. I jumped up and down on the front end, pushed it side to side/ back and forth nothing. I put it up on a floor jack and twisted and pulled almost everything.
I still suspect the End links but they "Seem" Fine! I was told to get it up on a lift and check further. Any insight. Doesn't happen while in low or Higher speeds only # 30-40 MPH Right front end area.
Lee

Bushings?

Lee - Did you check your bushings? Are any of them gone?
Did the bushing at the bottom of the shock seperate like it does on the rear ones causing a banging noise?

Aren't these cars so much fun??

Mark
'93 SC

yeah dude. i have the same noise too. i lifted up my car. and it seems all my bushings (bushions) are long gone. Yet it doesnt do it either when i got my fat *** lil bro to jump up and down on the front end and sway it side to side. Dont know. Also i think my RH FRONT disc brake is lose can it be also? cuz it makes a hard grind noise and ima bust a cap in it. Well ima lift the damn thing tommorow in the day and ima try to check everything. Ima take pics so u guys can see the damage. yeah later.

I'll look Thursday

Hi,
My friend at work will let me use the lift we have ;)
Thx
lee
PS MArk, In order to put in that light you gave me do I need to remove the fender?

Back