Should I have this hole?

BlueThunder90

Anyone have a clue? In the pic below, right where the tip of the arrow is, I have a small, rectangular hole. It doesn't look like a break or a crack it almost looks like it should be there.

This pic below is not my setup, just a pic of a TB.

Any ideas? Did it just break when it was removed?

Attachments

• tb1.jpg
    tb1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 229
Well it looks like youre pointing to the indention thats in the moulded into the IAC to give you room to get a socket on the bolt.
But there should be no hole of any shape there.
If you have a hole there the IAC will have to be replaced because the hole will make a vac leak.

SHOULD I HAVE THIS HOLE.

Depends on how much she cost.:D
Looks like a cigarette burn to me.Don't
use the motor for a ash tray.:D

Randy & Connie said:
SHOULD I HAVE THIS HOLE.

Very funny! :D I was thinking of posting the same thing.

Randy & Connie said:

As Steve indicated, this pic is not of his car or his setup. He just used it to point out where he suspects he's got a problem on his car. I think that ash-coloured spot is actually a bolt or screw head. Given that pic looks like a '90-ish 5-spd car (since it is equipped with an EGR valve), and the fact that it's red with a whack of MP stuff installed, I suspect it's actually a shot of Bill Evanoff's car, probably taken from the Super Coupe Performance Inc. website. ...But that's just my hypothesis.

Cheers,

Sean

If the question is, "Am I anatomically correct or not?", I guess grab a medical reference book and look at the pics. :p

Randy & Connie said:
SHOULD I HAVE THIS HOLE.

She's damn cheap, but kinda nasty :p

Mike 38, the hole is right on the indentation where the socket slides onto the bolt. Looks like a punched a hole it it somehow. I covered it up with some tape, car idles great. I'm still trying to figure out how that hole got there :confused:

Back