speedo needle removal and gauge face install prob.

klsoneSC

I installed some gauge faces on my SC, but when I was all done I found that my speedometer did not work correctly. I did not remove this needle during installation, I just slipped the gauge face on. Anyway, the speedo kinda stuck as it went up and down and would not represent the correct speed at all!!! I thought maybe the plastic needle base was rubbing the gauge face so I removed the needle from the speedo. The needle is different than the other needles (which I easily removed) and I believe I may have broken it. Instead of a female- type terminal on the needle there is a male-type connector. So, does anyone have any info on problems installing gauge faces or know what the f#@k I did??? Thanks!!!

there should be a tiny brass post with a tiny hole in it sticking out of the back of the speedo needle. that tit goes on an extremely small post in the dead center of the gauge. the post is wire thin. if you weren't careful you may have bent it with the brass post. if you bent it, you may need a new gauge as there is no way to true it back. hope this helps.

yep... u broke it... i had the same problem... all my other needles came out with female entrances.. but except the speedo.. it came with the male thingy... i went the junk yard in the morning and picked one up...

Back