driving...boost gauge goes up...car slows...dies??

SCboost

i'm driving home from a night class tonight and i go to shift into 4th and my car slows when it give it gas. the boost gagues goes up...no SC whine...and NOOOOOO power. i pull over...shut her down...ask God why i bought this car...and restart it and it's fine...any ideas? i tried to make this one short. no long post tonight. haha. thanks. any and all help is appreciated. if you need more info just ask. steve.

Check fuel pressure......how much gas did you have? Fuel pump maybe on the fritz.......If it dies and then you can start it up right away it is probably the fuel pump.......

SCboost said:
i'm driving home from a night class tonight and i go to shift into 4th and my car slows when it give it gas. the boost gagues goes up...no SC whine...and NOOOOOO power. i pull over...shut her down...ask God why i bought this car...and restart it and it's fine...any ideas? i tried to make this one short. no long post tonight. haha. thanks. any and all help is appreciated. if you need more info just ask. steve.
I would try removing the DIS and re-apply some Di-Electric grease underneat it. I had the same problem and it turned out to be a BAD DIS. I would try the cheapest solution first. Check the plug wires would also be a wise choice.

Calvin

Back