What The Feces!!!!!!

darkstar_one

somebody give me like a schematic on the VACUUM routing thing. I just discoverd that the ABV on my SC was connected to the WINDSHIELD WIPER FLUID HOSE. I finally fixed the hose and noticed that one of the sprayers wasent working. So i check the hoses and one of them was leading towards the ABV. I pumped the ABV lever and washer liquid came out. I need to know were i connect the ABV hose too. thanx.

its a 3.8L SC

There should be a vacum hose routing tree under your hood near the middle (or pass maybe?) but its like that on my 92'. But that wont help you that much because it is only the central vacum and not the wind wash assembly. If i remeber right the drivers side wiper hose connects to what appears to be a main vacum T (but its not). It had me confused too the first time i ripped stuff apart on my car. Anyway the drivers side washer hose that comes from under the cowl (and sprayer) i think goes in the middle of that T.. I think the left side(if you were looking from the front of the car) extends to the pass side sprayer and the right side of the T comes from the pump/resy. I think thats right, if not i will run out and check for you. And im dont know what a ABV is so hook me up dude. If you had the vacum line going to the upper intake or any other parts of the intake hooked up to the washer fluid by mistake im not sure that would be good.

i think this is the ABV. It was connected to the WINDSHIELF WASHER LIQUID hose

Attachments

• abv.jpg
    abv.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 203
There should be a THIN plastic hose that is about the same size as the boost gauge hose. It has sonething like a 45º angle on the end that connectc to that (which i think is the waste gate actuator? someone correct me please) while it is off of there stick your thumb on the end and open the waste gate butterfly, feel the suction? That hose should be coming somewhere from the drivers side right around where the T was i was talking about before. Post another pick when you find it. I am running to my car now to check.

I wish i had a digi cam dude but im gonna try to help ya. On the drivers side fender closest to the firewall under the wiper cowl is where the lines in question are coming from. If you look at the clump of madness there, to the left is where the washer hoses are. the T is positioned kinda like this -] (you get the picture) The top one goes to the drivers side sprayer. The one pointing to the left goes to the pass side sprayer. And the one on the bottom comes form the res i guess. The hose you are missing should come from directly to the right of the washer assembly i just explained. Will be a little thicker hose with about a 45º-90º angle on it, then gets thinner (like the boost gauge hose) then goes to the nipple on the part you have circled. (haha I said nipple)

thanx wantness.... well i fixed the damn thing. i found this other VACUUM hose that was going nowhere from the PASSENGER side of the car. i just rerouted it and attached it there... with a lil adapter. Well i turned on the car it the little lever pulls back and hard. engine sounds smoother now for some reason. if i push it forward it makes like a grrrrr... noise... well thanx anyways man.

Here are pictures of where that bypass gets it's vaccum from on my 89: (did this once for someone) Follow the red highlight

bypassone.jpg

bypasstwo.jpg

bypassthree.jpg

Back