1QuikV6

Im about to aquire a very sharp Black (jus the way I like my Birds) 5 speed SC that has 165k on it. My question is what do you guys reccomend doing to it? Just regular stuff, no aftermarket. I figured with 165k the blower is in need of a rebuild even though it makes a perfect 12psi. Id like to do some preventative work to prevent the worst from happeneng and protect myself from surprises. Yank the engine? Pull it apart??? or just baby it?
The only new parts are new heads and head gaskets, as well as a new alternator and water pump. Everything else is straight out of 1989. I must be crazy to be going from a 94 to an 89 especially since I was born in 1986!!! Hahaha! But I just like the early MN12s better which must be the exact opposite from everyone elses preference. it seems everyone likes the 94-95 bodystyle!:rolleyes:

Brandon

If you like earlybirds, let's trade. :) :)

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably do a tune-up, just to be sure that it was done. Good thing the headgaskets were replaced already.

Good Luck!

I dunno.... I guess if you like LXs then maybe we could work somethin out money-wise. its the most reliable car ive ever owned.

id say put a 190lph pump..Stock fuel pump is mosty likely weak at best..Also full tuneup including a GOOD set of wires and denso iridium plugs IT20's and fuel filter...Check aircleaner of course..Even though it seems you want to remain stock...A larger MAF such as a 76 or 73 C@L and A new free flowing exhaust would only help the car last longer..Might also want to change you rdiff fluid..Maybe even replace clutch pacs and put new fluid in tranny..Other then that if your blower isnt making noises leave it alone Id say..You can also change fluid in that as well

Tranny's brand new as well as the clutch. The engine is what Im worried about. someone told me to change the blower fluid. I guess I'll do that when I change the oil, do a tune up, and put a new serpentine on it.
yea, i think I'll do some exhaust work and maybe some shorty headers to ease the pressure on the engine from the boost. As for the plugs you said Iridium??? why Iridium? I was gonna buy a set of the new Bosch Platinum 4's.

Back