problems, problems

92redsc

ok heres the scoop, my car is a 92 5-speed SC. it runs great but the check engine light comes on and goes off when it wants to. it runs good but give it some gas and it stars to hesitate on the boost side. then the boost gauge jumps and the car comes to life. sometimes. it only happens every once and awhile. then when i stop at a light with the climate control on the engines idles bad and drops to about 500, then kicks itself back up to 750. without the A/C on it does it sometimes too. sometimes it starts great and sometimes it takes like 5 minutes and there is black smoke rolling from the exhaust. ive ran codes and it said ego lean and ego rich, i didnt clear them and ran it again and it said 111 ( system pass) but my light still comes on!! i have an otc advanced from MAC($4000) computer. can someone tell me if my problems are related or what???

Cam sensor

Cam sensor. I had the same problem and got a Borg warner one at Oreilly for 30$, with a lifetime warrenty

Hey mike38sc

I got some O2 sensors here that I assume were working before I took them off there wasn't a check engine light . any way I tested them with a digital ohm meter. The numbers just kept going up . I was told this is good . Is it? There 89's

You cant really tell much by that stocker.
O2's either go out,get contaminated or get lazy in reaction.
I had the honor of changing out my truck O2 today, as well as a couple unknown problems as well.

Mine jump from 889 to 894 with them off the car the temp is 75 degrees.

Yeah I have been told you can't always trust that code . If your cel light goes off then everything should be all good again. Might as well replace them if that is the problem. Good LUCK

um

so where do i get o2 sensors for cheap and how many do i get? theres 3 right? also so i do a cam sensor? where is that?

yes

wanted to jump in here because im about to replace my cam sensor to but dont know exaclty where it is and how to do it.
-damon

Autozone has Bosch and here is a list of Bosch part numbers.

13942-8.5 8.5" long leadwire

13950-13 13" long leadwire

13953-16.5 16.6" long leadwire

I am not sure what length you would need, depends on if you have headers or stock manifolds, but they are about $40 each. You would need two.

Mike Tuck
Super XR7

Back