Quick Exhaust Setup Question

Melon

SCCoA Member
This is directed to the people with the 89-91 gas tank. I'm planning to run 2.5" out the cats and into the resonator and 3" out.. That will run back to a Y-pipe in the rear and split off into duals.

It will basically look like a stock setup, only with a larger pipe. Will that fit or will it be too big to run? Debating about setting up my exhaust and wondering if this will work or not..

Thanks
-Andy "Melon"

well... i have a 91. It will work out. Cuz i think u still have like 1 inch of clearance after u put 3 inch pipes on it. Try it out.

Too bad you dont live closer to Tn, you could pick up the tank I removed from my 93 in favor of a fuel cell in the trunk. Too much trouble to ship.

I may still look for a 92+ Gas tank but with starting back to school, time isn't exactly there to search the bone yards in the area.

Since the exhaust I want will fit, means I can get what and not be in a huge hurry for the newer style gas tank.

Thanks for the responses.
-Andy "Melon"

Andy,
Here's my exhaust "plans" for mine...

Custom down tubes into 2 1/2 high flow cats
Dual 2 1/2" inlet, single 3" Borla Muffler for the resonator
Single 3" to 'Y' back to dual 2 1/2" single in/out Borla mufflers.

The setup is going to run about $500 or so for parts (have checked on it all except the pipes) plus installation. Yes, a bit pricey, but well worth it I think...

*Going up to Scribner on the 12th? I'm planning on it. I've got new tires and am working on my bushings right now (finally). Also trying to set up a custom Ram Air kit for the car...I hope to have it installed before the 12th, but the Mrs. got a ticket...

Tank is Free, but no shipping. Pick up only in Clarksville Tn. For $300, you can pick up a perfect 5.0 and AOD that came out of it also.

Last edited:
I'm about 1 hour west of you up I24. You just give me a day and time and I'll meet with you wherever you want.

Tomorrow is fine. Between 8-12 noon. I will be working on the Bird then. I just sent you a detailed map to get to my house.

Sure - I'll swing up to Scribner on the 12th if your heading up. Would love to hear it when you get it done. Anyone else coming up on the 12th or just you and me?

E-mail me (MelonSC@msn.com) so I read it faster - I don't always get to the boards as quick as I should.

-Andy "Melon"

Back