Pulleys causing stall ?

blksc

HI all as of late i've had a weird problem where if im idling every blow moon my car will just stall. It never does it while its driving and runs fine. I do know that my idler pulleys are very noisey and have the lil bumps around the house side. Could one of the pulleys be periodically seizing causing the motor to stall ?

They could be causing the problem but I doubt it. If one was bad enough to stall the engine you would hear it.

Why not replace them with the Cobra metal units for $13 each? Quiets things down a lot under the hood.

Aaron

You should probably fix those idler pulleys, but you can be sure it has nothing to do with the idle problem.

Start by checking codes and see if anything shows up. Other easy things you could check would be the battery/alternator, and make sure all the electrical connectors are securely plugged in (last time I had a problem it was because my MAF plug wasn't plugged in all the way).

fuel filter should be okay, i mean i dont have a fuel filter gauge or anything :p

I think the last time it stalled the fan might have been on,but it has done it before when the fan was not on.

pulleys causing stalling

The IAC motor can cause stalling without setting a code. Take it off clean it with some throttlebody cleaner and use a pick to work it back and forth. Then clean throttlebody.

pulleys causing stalling?

The only one I have ever really replaced is one on an exployer that was humming through the intake track.

Back