ruh roh......

instawookie210

Well i put my car back together after changing the plugs and plug wires and valve cover gaskets. When i bought my plug wires the set had one odd ball in it with a diffrent end from the others to slip on the plug. So like an idiot i put it on my car anyways since the plugs on it before mine had an oddball also and it ran fine with it. Now i'm getting a knocking noise rough idle and acceleration is about as rough as takin the bird to a baha course could it be the odd ball plug that i put on doing this? Or could low supercharger fluid cause this even though i never drained it. I'm sure i don't have any leaks on any of the supercharger ducts. I've disconnected each plug wire 1 by 1 from the distributor to see a diffrence in the engine idle and i think the plug wire going to cylinder 6 was the one causing the problem but i don't plan on messin with it until i get a better opinion on what should be done.

The oddball one with the 90º end is the one for the pass side closest to the radiator (cylinder 1 i think?), that is supposed to be like that to help out in getting it to fit. With your problem, obviously it is something with the plugs, if you think it is the #6 yank it from the plug and make sure it is seated on there well.

Edit: Sumtimes i spel liki am in secnd grede

get some really good insulated slip joint pliers and pull one plug wire at a time with the engine running, when the bad wire is removed there will be no change in the r.p.m. do not do this unless your sure of the pliers. bad insulation = great big ZAP!

ya lol i played with the wires on the distributor 1 by 1 luckily i'm a partial electrician to keep from gettin zapped even though i was workin the engine while it was still hot and the radiator burnt me two good times now i have a nice healthy blister on the thumb and a nice welp on my finger tip.

yea i found the problem its just a matter of time to let the engine cool down so i don't get burned while i reach down in there and play the twisty pull game.

That didnt seem to stop the rough idling problem and ticking noise that i'm hearing. I've checked all plugs and plug wires to see if they were bad and their all ok. I got some smoke coming from my passenger side I'm not sure if its still burning off old oil from where the valve cover gasket leak was or not.Could it possibly be a vaccum leak causing the rough idle and missing?

Back