Q's on VE and blower, gurus please help!!!!

SpeedKills

Hey guys, SC roots blower kit for mustang is done and is getting ready to be tested

My luck came up again, I found a guy in my home town who will let me test the kit on his stang. Should have done it earlier, i didn't think anyone will do it.

I have few questions about VE in roots blower vs. cetrifugial blowers:

If I add hi flow heads to roots blower set up, wouldn't the power stay the same? If the max na power will come at higher rpm.

I saw in a Allen Development ad of their roots kits that the max power will come at redline, would think it was true because roots blowers with unlimmited intake abillity would force same amount of air per rpm at any rpm so it would force same amount of air at high rpms at it would low rpms. Meaning when engines VE tops out at max hp point the boost will rise sense you flow less but the blower will still flow the same so the differnce in flow that creates boost will rise and so will the boost. The thing I am getting at is that a roots blown single port will put out same power level as a roots blown split port at same blower drive ratio.

I'm pretty sure I can't answer your question but I think I see a couple things to clarify that might help you answer it yourself.

Roots blowers and the eaton blower are "postive displacement" systems.

This means that for every revolution of the rotors, a fixed amount of air is moved.

As rotor speed increases (thus engine RPM since it's attached to the crankshaft of the engine) the same amount of air is being moved in each revolution, but the VOLUME of air from the exit port is greater.

BOOST Pressure is generated by having a higher VOLUME of air exiting the blower than the VOLUME of air being consumed by the engine. As long as the engine consumes air at a slower rate than the blower is able to generate it, the space between the exit port of the blower, and the intake valves will maintain a positive pressure.

Now... If you increase the capability of the engine to CONSUME air without changing the capability of the blower to PROCESS air, you will see a reduction in positive pressure or BOOST.

Back