Need some help..no spark.....

z90sc

I know about the "upshift" light staying on when the crank sensor goes bad on the auto SC but what about the 5 spd.,does the same thing hold true or is there some other indication.....got a friend w/ an 89 SC that isn't getting any spark..he's convinced it's the DIS but after replacing it 5 times he still has the same problem.I'm going to look at the car tomorrow..any suggestions to what I should check other than the obvious?
Thanks,
z

Make sure the crankshaft dampner is still attached and inspect the area around the crankshaft sensor to make sure when the engine is cranking that the pully doesn't wobble.

z90sc said:
..he's convinced it's the DIS but after replacing it 5 times he still has the same problem
:confused: I'd think that replacing it once would be enough to determine if it was bad. :confused: As for the upshift light, if it lites up while trying to crank the engine, then the PIP signal is missing.. that means either the crank sensor is bad, or wiring is bad, or the HB has walked forwards on the crankshaft. Look for a missing HB bolt.

Back