Think I found the problem with my SC

MTTod

Thanks to DJ Hoffmann and Pro Street Rich I think I finally got it. I've only got 20 lbs of fuel pressure. No matter where the throttle is at, only 20 lbs. Hopefully this has been contributing to my loss of power too.

Got to pickup the parts tomorrow morning and take a run at it. Got the regulator off today. BTW, you can get to the pressure regulator by pulling the wiper crap and the intake elbow.

On my 89 it's still not easy because the bolts come out from the bottom - had to make a tool to get them out with the fuel rail still on.

Aaron

On my 90 the screws take a hex. Not bad to get to with one of those ball driver hex wrenches.

It still could be the fuel pump but I'd want to do the regulator anyway. It's only $20 and it's some insurance that there aren't 2 weak parts in the system.

I replaced my regulator by only removing the wiper assembly - did not leave a lot of room to work.

When I got my regulator out, the oring on the oulet side was bad and looked to by pypassing under pressure.

Aaron

Well it's not the regulator so it must be the pump. Oh well, another part to replace, another weekend shot.

Back