could my bypass vavle be bad?

SCboost

i know my car VERY well...i know when i ahve to push on the pedal and it doens't go like it should. my car feels kinda gutless. like when i push hte pedal nothing happens. i thoguht maybe my clutch was getting old but now it seems like it's in the engine side of things. i watch the boost gauge and it isn't acting like it was before. and i'm not getting full boost. could a vacuum line be bad? or hte bypass itself? thanks guys. steve.

The bypass leaks like a seive anyway, but you can check by wiggiling the shaft and feeling for play. There will be axial play, just make sure that it's not like an 1/8". But check for vacuum leaks also. Another thing to check is the vacuum actuator and make sure that it doesn't have a leak or check the shaft for binding.

Jeff

on my 89 i had a bad boost seloniod it wouldnt hardly boost at all when it went bad i bypassed it and it ran better than ever it is near wiper motor on dr side

Might also want to chack that your crankshaft pulley is not wobbling with the engine running. If so your harmonic damper is broke and that is screwing with your ignition timing.

i had the same problem , it was the SBS or system boost solenoid or something like that, is a rare option that came in some 90's just unplung your bypass valve vaccum hose from where its coming (drivers side) clause where you unp;ugged it and tap the vaccum hose into any vacumm source andd youre ready to go :D

Back