cleaning 35th seats

Modman58

anyone have some tips on cleaning the pigskin on these seats? no one around here really knows anything about them. thanks
Eli

I *believe* the "suede" part of the seat is actually Alcantara
(synthetic suede) and if so, can be cleaned with something like Blue Coral “Dri-Clean” Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner", or in severely spotted/dirty cases, something like K2R spot lifter or Carbona spot lifter.

I know the newer Ford vehicles such as the Lightning , Explorer etc. that have suede -like inserts in the seats are really alcantara, and *as far as I know* that's what they've been using for a while. It's a real close immitation to natural suede in look and feel.

A suede brush and suede eraser are other things you should have also, just for routine maintenance .

Be glad it's not real suede or you'd be severly limited on what you can clean it with.:)

The gray suede or whatever thats on our seats are soo thin that a suede brush would damage it. I've always used a sponge with mild soap and water to clean mine. I also covered my drivers seat bottom with a towel or pad to keep my jeans from damaging it. A couple of us have been looking for more of the suede fabric for years with no success. Talk to Lance at the 35th Registry to see if he has had any luck finding some. Good luck

Back