315 series rubber?

TintedChrome

I'm gonna need to run minimum 305 series rubber, preferably 315 series in the rear of my SC.. will it physically fit the wheelwell or suspension components? Or am I looking at a mini tub and a re-work of the suspension?

What's the widest tire I can fit back there, regardless of what kind of rims?

I tried running a search, but all I could find was info for widest tires on stock rims..

A 305/315 series tire should probably fit in your wheel well but will definately NOT fit on the stock rim. I wouldn't recommend anything more than a 245 on them. You may be able to get away with a 255 depending on the tire and how much give there is on the side wall. A 315 is a no no though.

Brandon

I run 285s in the rear on custom 17x9.5" rims with a 6.25" backspacing. For reference, the Cobra "R" wheels in a 17x9" run a 6.42" backspacing.

I had to roll fender to keep the 285s from rubbing.

I believe some have run 315s, but I do not know on which rim. Micahdogg lists 315s drag radials in this old post:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=878

I remember Wayne Ing having some old, dead, worn out 315-35-17 GoodYears jammed on his ROH 8-1/2" wheels a few years back, just to see if it would go ... it did. He used to have a photo on the SCCoO site with an angle from the rear showing the 315s, don't see it there any more.

Not sure if they would if the tires are mounted on wheels the proper width for them, 315-35-17 should be on 10s at the least, better on 10-1/2" or 11" wheels ... that might be a squeeze under an SC !!

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back