PDA

View Full Version : Maryland emissions standards... can i pass without cats?

JHyde81
04-30-2002, 11:28 AM
Has anyone in Maryland passed the emissions test without cats? I'm putting on a flowmaster force II and going with catless downtubes. I know that Marylands standards aren't that stringent, and that if you have a high mileage car they have even easier requirements. I have 134000 miles. Thanks

Jeff

DCClark
05-10-2002, 08:49 AM
Not sure, my car is still registered in MD. I am working in PA / temp residence. I took my cats off when I did my exhaust, and I worry about when I have to get the thing tailpipe sniffed. I absolutly HATE going on that horrible treadmill. Too many things can go wrong. I still believe it causes un-added wear. I am dreading having to get mine tested. I cannot help yet, because I have not had to get mine tested, sorry.

SeafoodSC
02-26-2003, 12:14 PM
Last time I was tested it passed w/o cats.

TBIRDSC93MD
03-23-2003, 02:06 AM
Test is a joke.. I went last year and my shifter bushing was worn out.. Guy couldn't drive my car grinded the gears twice trying to get it up on the tread mill I started bitching.. they pulled it down and sent my on my way approved.. lol

iwannanSC
08-09-2003, 09:57 PM
Interesting - was thinking about gutting my cats so this makes me feel better. I just passed last month - fast pass - so i think it'll be OK...