idle cofusion

lessonintorque

Ok so I just replaced my IAC and it is still Idleing high and not running smooth as it was before the Iac died. Im not sure what the prob is. I also have to replace my accumulator but that shouldnt effect anything im confused. I cant find a vacuum leak anywhere butu its running like it has one. Any Ideas? Mike Yates

Are you sure that the IAC was the problem? Did you check your voltage on the TPS, or clean your MAF Sensor?

Thomas

if its idling high... u might wanna set the IDLE urself u know. On the throttle body were the IAC is connected. There is a rubber plug. Yank it off and with an ALLEN key u can turn it CLOCK WISE to lower ur RPM. It should be around 800.

Also. un plug the POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE so the CPU can learn the NEW IDLE.

Is it a IAC from FORD? Cuz if it isnt then ur gonna have to get one directly from FORD. I have one from PEP BOYS and these guys tell me that 3rd PARTY IAC's arent built correctly.

Also. Try to pull the codes with a scanner. It will help out even more.

Thanks for the replies, I just replaced my Maf so I think that may be it. But Ill repost in the morning and let you all know what the deal is thanks for the advice. Mike

Back