1990 AOD Trans

H GREENLEY

1990 AOD shifts in all gear just fine except OD. It will run in OD until I hit speeds at or above 55 mpr then will not pull, but will run fine when I shift back down to regular drive. Any suggestion as to cause and fix.

Thanks

Is it slipping then you have to down shift or is something else going on? If it is slipping it is time for a rebuild, sorry dude.

Aaron
__
__It only slips in OD. If I drive in regular Drive their's no slippage from 1st to Drive.

If I do have it rebuilt, EAST COAST tranny has been suggested. I am in SO FL has anyone "here" or any other location had experience with them?

Ya, that's the way they go. It could also be the TV cable adjustment. Have you messed with it at all recently? Or even possibly messed with throttle cable or around it. It is possible it is just out of adjustment but other shifts would be noticeably different.

I would find a good trany shop that will let you bring in parts. Buy what you want and have them build your tranny. Change out your converter while you're at it, go with something like a 2200 Protorque. I am assuming of course you want a little more performance out of it. Otherwise AAMCO with a warranty may work.

Back