DPFE Seloniod

Autozone has them

Had the zone run my buddies 4.6 T-bird codes it was throwing 1405. hose from egr to dpfe sensor broke or off . well it was not off or broken . The car was running good. So I dissconnected the battery for 5 minutes. The code did not return. My thought are that during start up the shaking was triping the DPFE sensor. I have seen some post on TCCOA that say the motor will run crappy if it truly is a DPFE problem. The sensor was right in middle at the back of the motor to the left side of the EGR in my case.

Well, the engine started running crappy about a week after the check engine light started intermittently coming on at random times. I took it to my regular mechanic and he downloaded the code and it came up as the DPFE Selonoid. He took it out on the road and said that it felt like an ingition problem. (bucks and looses power during hard acceleration) He told me that it was probably the plugs or wires but to start with the plugs first and don't waste the money on the wires unless the plugs didn't fix it.

when my hose melted off i could hear the exhaust leak hissing under boost and i think it pinged slightly but otherwise ran ok

When I installed the splitport 3.8L N/A (from a 2000 mustang) into my 94 LX, I had to convert to DPFE from PFE. As inconsequential as it may seem, I found out that just reversing the two hoses that run from the EGR tube to the DPFE made the car run horribly. It stumbled, almost to the verge of popping out of the exhaust, and had no power. I couldn't believe that little sensor could cause so much trouble, but believe me, it can.

-Rod

Back