What's the going price for SC motor & tranny?

MTTod

I think I'm going to sell the engine and tranny out of my XR7. What's the going price anyway?

The car's got about 150K on it, runs out really good. It might have been rebuilt but don't know for sure. Tranny needs to be rebuilt and SC needs a coupler and nose seal. Other than that it's a pretty clean engine.

I've decided I'm going to leave my SC stock and play with the Cougar. My winter project. :D

Attachments

• ds2_0375.gif
    ds2_0375.gif
    91.9 KB · Views: 85
No one want to tell what they paid? There are lots of engines that come up when you search parts but only a couple have prices listed. Those were around $600 for the motor. Is that right, high, low... what?

I'd like to get around $650 or $700 for both but don't want to give up money if they're worth more.

I've seen them go for $500-$1,000 - depends on if it's complete (wiring, blower, plenum, IC, and all IC tubes) how many miles are on it, and if any has been rebuilt or replaced.

If your selling the engine and tranny together, then you should be able to get around $600 for it. Not really sure - it depends on how bad the buyer really wants it.

-Andy "Melon"

Back