PDA

View Full Version : tbird stuff

danekejt
02-26-2002, 03:24 PM
Any of you guys close to me. i live in eastern pa and i am looking for a front bumper cover for a 91sc. i banged the @#%$ out of mine of a curb and cracked it all up.

also i have a delihema. i have some money saved up and was wondering what to spend the money on for the car. i am thinking exhaust. i need shocks though, at 500+ dollars to replace all 4 shocks i am not thrilled about going that way. i want to spend the money on something fun. I dont know. Curious to see what you guys have to say. Thanks in advance.

John D
91sc

red91sc
02-26-2002, 04:37 PM
sorry I did not answer your email about the front bumper cover,but my computer is down so I am on my mother in laws computer.Personally I would fix the shocks then save back up for the exhaust.What type of exhuast are you planning on going with true duals or the 2-1-2 set up?

danekejt
02-26-2002, 11:48 PM
i was thinking about just going with the 2-1-2 setup again. what is involved with going with true duals? do i have to replace the gas tank? True duals would be ideal. What is the best setup for a custom setup. I hear about so many just not sure what is the best.

thinking about two options: 1) high flow cats and resonator no mufflers, 2) no cats resonator and mufflers or maybe even a third option high flow cats no resonator and mufflers. What do you think would be best?

thanks for the input.

john
91sc

red91sc
02-27-2002, 04:42 PM
I have the true dual exhaust on mine but the shop I had do it messed it up.I wanted it to go -hollowed out cats(I did that myself) to an X pipe then routed around the gas tank to the mufflers,but they went through hollowed cats to an H pipe then under the gas tank to the mufflers.If you are going with the 2-1-2 setup I am not sure on what way to do itor what would sound the best.

SCGuru92
03-05-2002, 10:12 PM
I have a true dual exhaust setup that I had custom bent with hi-flo cats into Magnaflow X-pipe/resonator with no mufflers. He squeezed both pipes through the gas tank so I didnt have to replace it. I experimented with many systems and this is the best one. It is hard to describe the sound, but is is unique just like the SC. By the way I live near Reading,PA. If you are nearby you can come to hear it.

Derek Holland
GIANTminiTrucker@aol.com